Pages

Friday 29 September 2017

The Year 8 Attitude talk


On Monday, we had a guy called Phil come over to our school to talk about our attitudes towards ourselves. Phil comes from an organisation called attitude. Attitude is an organisation that is dedicated to helping young people gain skills that can help them through their adolescent years. I really liked having Phil talk to us because being a young person himself, he related to our problems. 
Image result for attitude
He first talked about being different. As a young person myself, I often find me comparing myself to other people, but Phil made us all know that we are all different. That no two people are the same. He explained that everyone has different genes and that we should all accept that. He made it really clear that we should all accept ourselves and others for who they are. 

After that he talked about what we want to be. He told us about changing ourselves for the better, he told us a story about this boy that his friend had talked to in jail. Phil's friend worked for attitude and taught some classes in a young teens jail. He meet these two young brothers who stole some things from a dairy and really hurt the dairy owner, but, one of the brothers wanted to change himself for the better, so he did. The next day, the brother was really good, he listened, he changed himself. He is now working towards arts degree in university! That story really inspired me to get rid of all my bad habits and change myself for the better. 

Next we talked about our individual personalities. Phil explained that there where four different types of personalities, the Beaver, the Otter, the Lion and the Golden Retriever. First of all, the Beaver. 

- The beaver is a person who likes to get everything perfect the first time, they are also very hardworking. Beavers are the type of people who are very detail orientated and like to get things right. 

- The next personality is a Otter. Now a Otter is an entertainer, they like everything to be fun, they get bored easily and they are very funny! Otters are the type of person that know how to make anything fun! They can turn the most boring thing into the most greatest thing you have ever done. 

- The Lion. The Lions are the leaders, the bossy ones, the ones who like things their way. Lions are very good directors, they know how to present an idea and pursued people into liking it. Lions are very bossy but they are good at what they do. 

- Last of all, the Golden Retriever. Also known as "the peace maker" Golden Retrievers like to make people happy. They are the people that you consider "too nice". They don't like saying no and they don't like to hurt peoples feelings.  

The animal that I think fits my personality perfectly is a Beaver. I think this because I am a perfectionist and I strive for perfection in everything I do, home or at school. All of my things are immaculately neat and tidy and they fit my standard. I am extremely organised and I have a list for everything. I always like to get everything right the first time and I hate it when I do not achieve. I always do things to the best of my ability. 

Overall I really liked being at the attitude talk because it inspired me to be a better person. I really hope that attitude come back to our school next year! If you have any feedback or questions please comment them down bellow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.