Pages

Tuesday 24 September 2019

My lessons in Gymnastics + Floor sequence + Trampoline + Beam


In PE, we have been doing a gymnastics unit. Each lesson we have been learning sequences which we had to film and then post up onto our blogs. During this unit so far, I have been trying very hard to develop my floor gymnastics skills. At the start of this unit, I was already able to do a forward roll and a backwards roll as well as a really bad cartwheel. Using my prior knowledge and a bit of help from my teacher, I was able to somewhat improve my cartwheel and make sure that my legs and back were straight. I have become incredibly invested in my floor routine and have been trying to improve something each week. After our latest lesson, I was able to kind of do a handstand into a forward roll but I still have quite far to improve on that skill. For the floor sequence, I have memorised both the first and second sequence and I am soon going to try work on the third sequence, that's where the handstand forward roll comes in.   

Here is my reflection on this unit.

On the video attached to the right, you can see my doing the second routine. I was having an extremely off day and had quite a bad headache so the work in this video is not exactly my best. I think I will redo this video taking if I do have the time to. My toes were nice and pointed during the cartwheel as well as with my arabesque but I do think that I need to straighten my legs and make it flow nicer. My forward and backward rolls were also really bad, but this is just because I had a headache. Next lesson I aim to refilm this routine and maybe start working on my trampoline routine. I'm not sure if the video will work, but when I wrote this post, it is there. I do think that my sequence could be flowier.  I think with the cartwheel my arms need to follow the flow of my legs. If I push off my arms more and then go onto pulling my arms up as my legs go down.




Here is my video of me trying to do the trampoline for the first time. After one practice, I videoed this as I had a wee panic because I didn't think I would have it done. Here I am doing a routine which is quite easy. I do think my controlled bounces were quite nice, I do think that I could work on keeping my body in the centre of the trampoline. But otherwise, the outcome of this was quite good for my first couple of tries.






Here is my final Gymnastics video. After not much preparation, I made a last-minute decision to make my final routine on the beam. I am very shaky during this routine, but I do think that it turned out alright for only practising it once before recording it. I had quite a hard time getting up on the beam itself, but I do think that after all of that my routine was okay. I think that I should have practised working on the other apparatus other than the floor primarily. I looked very scared of doing my routine, and that was because I was scared. I do think that I should have practised more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.