Pages

Thursday 22 March 2018

"Guess who knows maths"? Snazzy ways to blow your mind


Introduction 
Hello friends, it's Nadia here, welcome back to my blog. Today I will share a infographic about Decimals, Percentages and fractions. Now since you've seen the words decimals, percentages and fractions, I bet you will leave this blog post immediately, but don't this isn't any blog post about maths. This will actually teach you something (no shade thrown).  This will inform you about real life problems and maths, this will help you through the struggles of figuring out how much you will have to pay for that really sweet t-shirt from the Warehouse.

Digital learning object
The website that I have used to create my infographic is called venngage. I used this to create 4 different infographics that have some information about Fractions, Decimals and percentages. I have a link here for you.... Snazzy Infographic I totally recommend using venngage if you want a unique way to show your work. Here is a sneaky photo of one of the infographics... 



Reflection
-What did you find hard about this assignment- 
Doing this assignment has taught me how to convert decimals, fractions and percentages. This information will be easy for me to remember since I can go back and look at it if I forget. The part that I found hard was figuring out examples on the conversions. 

- Do you think that you have learnt anything for this assignment-
I learnt how to convert decimals, percentages and fractions. Since I have made these infographics, I can now look back at my work and be proud about what I have done. I also learnt how to use vennage. This infographic maker is easy to use and I got used to it easily.

- What mistake did you make that made you learn something-
The mistake that I made was not using examples to get my point across. But the in the next lesson, I changed this. This taught me that it is hard to find examples for things, it also taught me how to create some. I used some of the examples off of maths is fun. 

- What will you do to improve your work-  
To improve my work, I will use more examples in my explanation's. But I think I could also explain what decimals are more. When you look at my infographics, you will notice that I didn't exactly explain decimals in the best way. But I think that I did okay with my prior knowledge about decimals. 

- What did you not like about this assignment- 
The thing that I don't like about this assignment is my fault but I didn't like how I changed my option last minute. At first I was going to do a storybird. But I found it hard to come up with a story that included the percentages, decimals and fractions. I couldn't do that so I changed my option, I just wished that I did venngage from the start. Cause if I did, I  would have more time to include more information. 

- What do you think about your infographic-
I think that my infographic is pretty good. But I think that I could improve a few more things. I think that it is good though. It took me quite a while, and I am proud I got this much done in this amount of time. 

Sources/ references
I made the infographics on Venngage. (2018) https://venngage.com/
The website I got my information from is Maths is fun (2016) http://www.mathsisfun.com/

Question/ Sending off message
I hope you enjoyed reading this blogpost. If you liked reading it and have any questions I ask you to write them below so they can be answered. My question for you is... Would you use venngage and did I teach you anything new today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.