Pages

Monday 26 March 2018

Reflection on this ongoing process called drama




  "Lets do the time warp again"
   Our class piece from the Rocky Horror Picture show... 
  I get to play Magenta, I am so happy

For the past weeks in drama, we have been working on our class piece. Our class is doing the Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture show. This is a really funny musical that I happen to love. I have a "special part". I get to play the part of Magenta, she is a maid/ servant in the castle. I was really excited to find out I got this part. I like playing dark characters very much. Our class is starting to do some choreography from the just dance version and some of the original version from the movie.

The original lady who played Magenta is called Patricia Quinn. I think that she did a great job, I aspire to do the same job in our class piece. One thing I really hope to have in our performance is costumes, at least for the main characters. This would show some distinction from the others in the class.

The strength that I have in this class piece is the words. I know all of the words to the Time Warp inside out. I have been spending most of my spare time learning all of the words. I know all of the ques. It has been fun dancing and listening to this song because it is from a musical I love. \

The other main characters in my class are Molly and Jessica. Molly is playing the Criminologist, the instructor. This person yells out most of the dance moves. It's also a chance for Molly to put herself out there. Jessica is playing Columbia, a groupie. She has a high-ish voice. This is quite a fun character. She has a tap dancing solo. I think that Jessica is a great pick for this character.

The Rocky Horror Picture show is such a fun musical. Sometimes at the real performances, they have some audience members yell out lines. They include the audience and that would be a really fun experience. I think our class would do quite well with the time warp. The Rocky Horror Picture show is weird, exciting, loud, funny, different and extravagant.


3 comments:

  1. Great blog! I would also like to have costumes for some of the characters
    - Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked reading your blog. You really are great at playing the darker (and evil) characters like when you played Scar in the play last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog Nadia, I think you'll do awesome at playing Magenta. I think The Time Warp will be fun to perform.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.